Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Start

It all started September 18th when a girl opened her front door to a boy that changed their lives forever....

We met over ldssingles.com in the beginning of September and chatted for a few days. Justin finally had the nerve to ask for my number, but was too shy to call. So a series of text messaging began over the next week or so. We finally decided to meet up somewhere and the only thing I could think of was the San Marcos Was Saturday Night Activity that I was in charge of. Justin was a litle hesitant to meet at a place where there were so many people, so we agreed to go to dinner the Friday before. So, on September 18th I opened my door and I found that I couldn't breathe or talk (we all know that does NOT happen to me). We went to dinner and twice the server asked if our food was okay because we were not eating, and we got yelled at a few times when we went goofy golfing for not moving forward. We simply could not stop talking!

We kept talking through the next 8 weeks, then on November 23rd, Justin stopped my speech again when he dropped down on one knee at the Temple Christmas Lights and asked me to marry him and promising to take me to the temple as soon as we could. With the sheer excitement and definate approval, my parents and sister Robyn, surprised me at the temple then took us out to dinner.

My parents thought they would be leaving to go on their mission to the Dominican Republic right after Christmas, so with much debate, we decided to have a quick and small ceremony before Christmas. So, after much stressing and hard work, we got married in Queen Creek Arizona, outside below the San Tan Mountains. The day was perfect. I married Justin Snyder on December 17, 2009 and became a mother to Shealyn (4) and Ransom (2).

After the ceremony we drove to Rocky Point, were we had a short but fabulous honeymoon. It was pretty much a ghost town since it was December, but that meant we had the whole place to ourselves. We got the royal treatment because we were newlyweds and had an absolute blast!

We arrived home Saturday night in time to celebrate Christmas with my family and see his kids for a bit. so, in 3 months my life completely changed, and I will be forever grateful for the day I opened the door to a boy that changed my life.

1 comment:

  1. yeah! i'm excited you have a blog now. its great to hear the story behind the sheer joy that i can see on your face. congrats! i'm super excited for you.

    (my blog is timandamy.blogspot.com - email me at amywolsey@hotmail.com so i can invite you!)

    ReplyDelete